Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Doug: Cooking With Renzo

No this isn't the next show coming to Food Network but, it should be.  Last night the team chipped in and we went to a local market to pick up all the ingredients needed for a cookout.  We bought piles of meat, chorizo sausage, potatoes, corn, and a variety of other vegetables.  The markets aren't the "super" variety we are used to back home.  They are more rustic but, the ingredients are all fresh (I think).

We enjoyed a leisurely cookout at Renzo's place.  We ate in spurts, as the meat was prepared, and sampled the local wines and beers.  We started around 8 and finished around midnight.  Plenty of time to learn some new cooking skills, chat, and check out the grill.  The grills here are pretty cool. Charcoal is the preferred BBQ source here.  All the grills I have seen have a crank with bicycle chains that lower or raise the grilling rack to control the heat.  I want to build one when I get home so I can use some of the cooking tips Renzo taught us.

Feel free to contact me for some great recipes and cooking ideas when this trip is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment